We’re Hiring for a Substitute Worker!
Substitutes support the store by filling in on an as needed basis.
Substitute workers fill in for regularly scheduled workers on a one-off or semi-permanent basis. Subs should expect to work anywhere from 2-4 days a week–there’re always shifts that want filling. While Substitute Staff are not Collective Managers and therefore have no managerial responsibilities, they provide a crucial support to Co-op staff. Cashiering will constitute the lion’s share of shifts, but substitutes can be trained to work in every major department. The ability to provide high quality customer service in a variety of capacities is the superpower we’re looking for here! Help provide a clean, well stocked store for all members of our diverse N/NE neighborhoods; keep some flexibility to your week…it’s a win win!
Status (including hours, shifts, review, reporting):
- Substitutes will have no regular shifts at ACG, but will work on an as needed basis.
- All substitutes will undergo three- and six-month check-ins, and formal reviews annually from the date of hire.
- $13.00/hour starting wage. Raises in accordance with the wage structure.
- 15% Discount on merchandise.
- 25% Discount on all special orders.
- Supplements at cost.
- Thoroughly read and follow the ACG employee handbook.
- Check email regularly.
- Arrive to scheduled shift on time and prepared to work.
- Provide excellent customer service as a top priority. Provide shoppers with information about natural foods, cooperative ownership, the cooperative and our mission.
- Complete or oversee the shift responsibilities appropriate to the shift you are covering.
- Operate cash registers and conduct transactions accurately.
- Provide direction to working owners during your shift.
- Help keep the store well-stocked, clean and safe.
- Receive deliveries during shift as needed.
- Answer and direct telephone calls, taking
- Communicate and resolve any question or problems with fellow employees.
- Other duties as assigned.